Thursday, September 10, 2009

Another first... Rice Cereal!

1st Meal - Rice Cereal

It is so hard for me to comprehend how quickly Millie's first year is passing us by. Time sped up a bit more on Wednesday when our family doctor suggested that we try her on rice cereal, provided she shows interest. Well, she's been watching us eat with great interest for some time, so I decided to give it a go. Upon picking up a box of the cereal at Wal-Mart, Millie put a hand on the box... knowing... possessive of her new food. She was excited when we sat at the dinner table with a bowl of the thin white paste. And she LOVED it. Unlike my older girls, she didn't spit it out or have difficulty moving the food to the back of her mouth to swallow. She ate it in minutes, crying for more and grasping the spoon when the bowl was empty. She's such a fun baby, which makes her growing so quickly easier to handle.

Her development has amazed me. Her personality amuses me. She's a wonderful baby and has truly completed this family.

Tomorrow, we have another first. Abbi has decided she wants to try ice skating! So, we will be joining the skate school at the Leafs Ice Centre. Pictures will be posted as soon as possible!

1 comment:

  1. I think the bottom left and bottom ctr are my faves. I miss her! Pack her in a box and send her to me!!!! I can give her rice cereal. ;)

    ReplyDelete