Sunday, August 16, 2009

The CHEESEBURGER!

We watch a lot of the Food Network (my personal fave is Guy Fieri...) One day last month I watched Sunny Anderson's "Cooking For Real". She made her take on a bacon cheeseburger and I was hooked! I made them last week and Russ is already begging me to make them again. I had my brother and mom drooling over the description of them... and you know me, the photographer... I even took a picture. So, here it is, and I'm even going to share how to make them... let me know if you try!

I started with 2 lbs of 85% ground beef, which I seasoned with garlic salt, ground pepper and a dash of worcestershire sauce. I mixed it up and formed 8 large, but thin, patties and set them aside.

I diced up 8 slices of bacon and sauteed them. Russ said he would have prefered the bacon to be crispier, but I prefer mine soft. After removing the bacon from the pan (put on a plate lined with paper towel), I sauteed 1/2 small yellow onion in the bacon fat.

The cooked onions joined the bacon on the plate and cooled for a few minutes. I then mixed in 1 cup shredded cheddar and put a little mound of the mixture on 4 of the hamburger patties. The 4 remaining patties were used to top the loaded patty. I pinched the sides so everything wouldn't ooze out and threw them on the grill!!!

They were AMAZING. Very tasty! And unlike a regular bacon cheeseburger, where the bacon all falls out after the first bite, each bite had a bit of bacon, onion and cheese! YUM. My mouth is watering just typing this!!!

Here's the finished product!!! (Excuse the poor picture quality... I was more interested in quickly documenting - then eating - the burger!)

No comments:

Post a Comment